Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Hoff Is Having a Yard Sale


Doesn't it seem like lately a lot of famous people are selling off their possessions?  Most of them do it for charity, like Pharrell Williams with his Grammys hat eBay auction. He raised over 40K for the charity he founded, From One Hand To AnOTHER. Others, like Courtney Love, have held online auctions to raise some cash for their own damn selves.

David Hasselhoff is doing it differently by having a hoity-toity auction house handle his items for sale. He's mixing things up by having the proceeds from some items going to benefit the Starlight Children's Foundation, and the proceeds from other things going toward his hamburger fund. Let's look at some of the more interesting items The Hoff has for sale.

First we have the 14-ft horizontally-oriented statue of The Hoff (pictured above), which was used as a prop in the SpongeBob Squarepants movie. There's so much that's wrong with this, I don't even know where to begin. For one thing, I have an aversion to SpongeBob Squarepants and cannot get through 10 minutes of a regular cartoon, much less a feature-length movie. I guess I never bought into the whole sponge-wearing-pants premise. Also, I thought that one statue of The Hoff was sufficient for this world of ours. But if you simply cannot carry on with life without owning this oversized-piece of cinematic history, the bidding starts at $10,000. 

Here's one of David's old jackets, which I'm sure he wore to many high-class Hollywood events and parties. The Hoff had to beat the hot chicks off with a stick whenever he wore this sexy stunner. This one's a steal at $150.


You can own The Hoff's Hog! And I think I'll just quit while I'm ahead here. Moving on...




It's the jacket The Hoff wore in the greatest music video of all time: "Hooked on a Feeling!" If you haven't seen this video already, please carve out a few minutes of your time to watch it. Believe Edy O, you'll be glad you did. Watching this video changed my life and gave me a renewed hope that some day all people from all nations will live in peace and harmony. It also made me laugh so hard I pee'd my Snuggie.



Today is a great day for The Hoff! Not only was he featured on the hottest new blog to hit the airwaves, Finely-Sifted, but he was also integral to the Google+ April Fool's Day joke. Things are really looking up for David Hasselhoff! Admit it, you've been rooting for him the whole time, even during his darkest days. Me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment