Saturday, April 5, 2014

FASHION REPORT: Swatch Watches

Oh happy day! Swatch has released their collection of new watches for spring and summer, and the styles in their "Pastry Chef" line look good enough to eat! Of course the line has a few conservative styles for the less-adventurous, but the standouts are the candy-themed watches.


"Peppercane" comes in the unisex size, while "Sminty" comes only in ladies' size. It looks like "Sminty" is on a stretchy band.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------



"Waffel" is a ladie's watch with a wraparound band. The details are metallic gold against pink, super cute! On the right is "Dragee," which is some kind of popular candy in Sweden, I guess. "Dragee" is a ladies' watch with a stretchy band. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Lekker" has old-fashioned licorice candies all over it, and "Sweet Explosion" has macarons. "Sweet Explosion" also has the day/date feature. These are both in unisex/ladies' large size.
----------------------------------------------------------------------


I saved my favorites for last. "Caramelissima" is a ladies' size watch with a wraparound candy necklace for a band. The candies look real but they are plastic, of course. Don't wear this watch around little kids or you will drive them crazy with frustration, wishing they could eat your watch band. "Sprinkled" looks like real candy sprinkles and if I wore one of these watches I would be constantly craving a vanilla frozen custard cone with rainbow sprinkles from Custard & Co in Royal Oak, Michigan. Oh, who am I kidding? I am already constantly craving a vanilla frozen custard cone with rainbow candy sprinkles from a place 3000 miles from where I live. Talk about frustration!

Swatch is alive and well and has been making amazingly creative and beautiful watches since the '80's. I remember my first Swatch, it had leopard spots on it. I lost it somewhere in Mexico in 1987, hopefully someone found it and loved it as much as I did. I have curated a fairly extensive collection of Swatch watches over the years, so you can count on more Finely-Sifted posts dedicated to Swatch in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I love the waffle watch :-)

    P.s. as I typed that, my phone keyboard wanted "house" to follow the word "waffle.... I think not.

    ReplyDelete